*A pitch inspection has been carried out by the match referee this morning at 11am. The game is afternoon is ON*
Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY welcome local rivals Rochdale to The J. Davidson Stadium this Saturday (3pm) as we look for our third consecutive victory in the Vanarama National League.
The Robins (4th, 49pts) were once again unable to face Dorking Wanderers during the midweek, with weather postponing the fixture to a later date (further information detailed by interim CEO Sam Mackenzie here).
An unexpected rest has allowed attention to shift towards play-off rivals Rochdale (9th, 41pts), who hold their own ambitions of completing a league double over Alty.
The Dale have struggled for form since beating us in November, winning just three of their last nine league matches, and will view Saturday as an opportunity to rebuild.
Alty’s ambitious January transfer window: “If you look back to last season, we had a front four of Ryan Colclough, Connor Jennings, Chris Conn-Clarke and Elliot Newby, and then January comes and we lost all four of them. This season we are delighted to have kept our current front four (Conn-Clarke, Alex Newby, Justin Amaluzor, and Regan Linney) for the remainder of the season."
Importance of squad rotation: “Realistically, it will be Saturday-Tuesday matches for the next four weeks, so we are not going to be able to play the same 11 players for every one of those games - it will be virtually impossible. We are going to have to utilise the full squad as well as taper our training over the next month in terms of volume and keeping the lads fresh.”
Last time against Rochdale
Rochdale 3-0 Altrincham
November last year – The Robins will be searching for revenge this Saturday after they fell to their joint-worst defeat of the season, 3-0, at the Crown Oil Arena on a miserable Tuesday evening.
The Dale ran out as deserved winners, although, the wide scoreline masked periods of Altrincham dominance - especially on the return from the half-time break. Despite enjoying a handsome share of the possession, Alty were uncharacteristically unable to convert their chances.
Many thanks to Hale-based Coverex for sponsoring this weekend's game - the support is hugely appreciated.
Get them online right here…
- £20 Adults
- £15 Concessions (Over 65/ NHS / Student)
- £9 12-18s
- £4 Child (5-11)
- £1 Infant (Under 5)
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance (online or in our George Street retail store), there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
Away fans need to purchase their tickets in advance on our website - away end tickets will be available until 2pm on Saturday OR until the away end sells out.
At the Ground
● We're open from 12:30pm (Pop Side) with further further turnstiles opening at 1pm and 1:30pm.
● Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium.
● A food menu is available in all three food outlets, offering a wide range of options to home and away fans.
● For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after.
● Parking is on the streets around the ground only.
● Issue 15 (from the original match date) will be on sale around the J.Davidson Stadium ahead of the game for just £3 - you can also buy online here or head for our George Street Retail Store.
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
● Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
We're open early doors for Manchester City v Everton AND half price Fan Zone food & drink until full-time.
Interim CEO Sam Mackenzie is offering the first 40 female supporters into the Fan Zone a FREE glass of prosecco (18+ only).
● Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 12:30pm.
● Join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island, Titanic, Sureshot, Cloudwater and Hogans Cider PLUS enjoy delicious curry dishes from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere.
As part of the Red & White Sessions we'll have FREE live music from Ollie Russell & Chris Maddon on Saturday and we'll also be showing Manchester City v Everton on our screens.
*Pre-pay for your half-time pre-poured pint by 3:15pm in the Fan Zone and now in the Community Sports Hall, too. Buy a token which can then be redeem for a pint in your chosen location from 3:40pm.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.