We’re back in action after a two-week hiatus this weekend when Southend United come calling to the J.Davidson Stadium for our Remembrance Day fixture (Saturday, 3pm) in the Vanarama National League.
Alty (5th, 29pts) are unbeaten in nine league contests going back to early September and will be looking to extend that run against a Shrimpers outfit (15th, 21pts) who’ve been on their own run of seven league games without defeat.
Last time Southend came to town
March of this year – new signing Regan Linney continued to light up the J.Davidson, scoring the only goal from the spot in front of an enraptured Golf Road End to win all three points for the Robins.
We’re delighted to welcome Helen Carouzos Psychology on board as a first-time match ball sponsor this weekend.
Helen is a Bowdon-based counselling psychologist who provides a range of person-centred counselling and coaching services that equip adults with the knowledge and tools to live a life of better mental health and improved work and life performance.
For more info on the services Helen offers head for her website helencarouzos.co.uk.
Get them online right here...
- £20 Adults
- £15 Concessions (65+/NHS/Students)
- £9 Juniors (12-18s)
- £4 Children (5-11s)
- £1 Infants (under-5s)
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance, there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
At the ground
- We kindly ask all supporters to arrive early to ensure you are in the ground in plenty of time for our pre-match Remembrance Day ceremony.
- We're open from 1pm (initially main stand turnstile 6 & Golf Road turnstile 10)
- Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium.
- A food menu is available in all three food outlets, offering a wide range of options to home and away fans.
- For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after.
- Our pop-up retail shop will be open in the main bar from 1:30pm
- New third shirt and limited edition terrace scarf will be on sale
- Parking is on the streets around the ground only.
- We will be observing a period of silence before kick-off to remember and honour the servicemen and women who gave their lives in the line of duty.
- Trafford Veterans will be flag bearers and laying a wreath, Southend fan Aaron Holmes (currently serving in the RAF) will be presenting a commemorative picture and Club Chaplin Andy Barclay-Watt will read the Ode of Remembrance ahead of a minute's silence.
- Issue 10 will be on sale around the J.Davidson Stadium ahead of the game for just £3 - you can also buy online here.
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
- Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
- Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 1pm – join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island, Cloudwater, Titanic & Sureshot PLUS delicious curry dishes from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere.
- As part of the Red & White Sessions we'll have FREE live music from Solly Temkin (The Bliss) & Phil Knox (Ventrelles).
Can't make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.
And last but not least…
We sincerely hope both sets of fans enjoy the game!