Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
WE return to The J.Davidson Stadium this Saturday (3pm) as we look to return to winning form in the Vanarama National League against Solihull Moors.
Alty (7th, 32pts) and Solihull Moors (4th, 37pts) both remain within play-off contention despite suffering two-game skids. A statement victory on Saturday for the Robins will reignite our promotion hopes after a tough 3-0 loss on the road to Rochdale.
The message after defeat: “I have made the lads very aware that under no uncertain terms is that acceptable for us moving forward. Not just the way which we started the game, but (also) for me, we weren’t clinical enough and we didn’t want it enough on the night... I’m certainly not going to be pressing any panic buttons, but ultimately, there are lads who have been waiting for an opportunity. Having lost two now, we will consider rotations.”
Preparing for Solihull: “They’ve lost two on the bounce as well, so both teams will be absolutely busting at the seams to get a result. If you want to see two really competitive teams, get down to the game. I am sure it will be a barnstormer, but it is one that we have got to come out on top of.”
Last time Solihull Moors came to town
Altrincham 4-1 Solihull Moors (Tyrese Sinclair 11’, 35’, Regan Linney 45’, Jordan Hulme 55’)
February of this year – Four Alty goals in the opening 55 minutes sealed a thrilling victory for the Robins at The J. Davidson Stadium.
Regan Linney’s penalty before the half-time break would mark his third consecutive game with a goal since joining from FC United of Manchester.
Get them online right here...
- £20 Adults
- £15 Concessions (65+/NHS/Students)
- £9 Juniors (12-18s)
- £4 Children (5-11s)
- £1 Infants (under-5s)
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance, there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
At the ground
- We're open from 1pm (initially main stand turnstile 6 & Golf Road turnstile 10)
- Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium.
- A food menu is available in all three food outlets, offering a wide range of options to home and away fans.
- For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after.
- Our pop-up retail shop will be open in the main bar from 1:30pm
- New third shirt and limited edition terrace scarf will be on sale
- Parking is on the streets around the ground only.
- Issue 11 will be on sale around the J.Davidson Stadium ahead of the game for just £3 - you can also buy online here.
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
- Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
Director Albert Valdes has kindly offered to buy one free drink for every Alty fan that enters the Fan Zone between 1-2pm at afternoon's game against Solihull Moors.
- Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 1pm – join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island, Cloudwater, Titanic & Sureshot PLUS delicious curry dishes from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere.
- Solly Temkin (The Bliss) performing live pre-match
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.