Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY welcome Eastleigh to the J.Davidson Stadium this Saturday (3pm), as we return to Vanarama National League action following a series of match postponements.
Winter weather forced an unexpected break for the Robins (6th, 43pts), who last took to the field a 11 days ago in a strong performance on the road to league leaders Chesterfield.
Although the Spitfires (11th, 38pts) arrive on Saturday in search of their first league victory of the calendar year, their offensive prowess is underlined by two 4-4 score lines this month - they also boast the league's leading scorer in Paul McCallum.
Hear from Eddy Jones
His relationship with Phil Parkinson: “Joining Altrincham on loan came at an interesting point of my career. There were a lot of questions surrounding whether I would stay at Stoke City or not, but I am really appreciative of the chance that the gaffer gave me. It wasn’t an easy decision, especially as a young left back, because it is a position that you need consistency in. His belief has filled me with so much confidence.”
Taking a step-up this season: “My contributions up the pitch have gotten better since last season, I am definitely trying to beat the seven assists in the league that I recorded last year. If I get a couple of goals too, then great, but it is not something I am too concerned about as that isn’t my priority.”
Last time against Eastleigh
Eastleigh 2-1 Altrincham (Chris Conn-Clarke 66’)
November of 2023 – The Robins’ impressive 10-game unbeaten run in the Vanarama National League ended on the road to Eastleigh in an end-to-end clash. Chris Conn-Clarke’s second-half penalty levelled the score line and looked to have earned Alty a point, before Eastleigh produced an 88th minute sucker-punch.
Get them online right here…
- £20 Adults
- £15 Concessions (Over 65/ NHS / Student)
- £9 12-18s
- £4 Child (5-11)
- £1 Infant (Under 5)
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance (online or in our George Street retail store), there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
At the Ground
● We're open from 1:30pm
● Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium.
● A food menu is available in all three food outlets, offering a wide range of options to home and away fans.
● For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after.
● Parking is on the streets around the ground only.
● Issue 16 will be on sale around the J.Davidson Stadium ahead of the game for just £3 - you can also buy online here or head for our George Street Retail Store.
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
● Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
● Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 1:30pm.
● Join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island, Titanic, Sureshot and Hogans Cider PLUS enjoy delicious curry dishes (Chicken Makhani or Beef Madras) from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.