Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY travel to Vanarama National League leaders Chesterfield this Tuesday (7.45pm) as we look for our first club victory at the SMH Group Stadium.
Alty (5th, 43pts) will have their eyes set on completing a prestigious double over the Spireites (1st, 65pts), having shocked Chesterfield earlier in the season with a late 2-1 victory at The J. Davidson Stadium.
On our FA Trophy exit: “It was desperately disappointing tonight. I will be in for a bit of criticism with regards to slight rotations (to the team) but we have done it for all the right reasons. I feel that we were the better team without playing our best football, we created the best chances and it could have gone perfectly for us if Chris had scored (his penalty) at the end. I am certainly not going to be
critical of Chris, however, considering the amount of times he has converted them.”
Preparing for Chesterfield: “It is a massive game, but they all are. We want to stay in the playoffs so every game is important for us. It is the second half of the season so there is no room for error or mistakes, we all have got to be focused on what we want to achieve, which is reaching the playoffs.”
Last time against Chesterfield
Altrincham 2-1 Chesterfield (Dior Angus 82’, 90’+4)
August of this year – The J. Davidson Stadium was sent into raptures as Dior Angus’ brace spearheaded an Altrincham comeback victory against a high-flying Chesterfield side.
The Spireites dominated the first half and much of the second half, yet the Robins refused to accept defeat. Angus notched his first goal with a rifled low drive inside the left post before hammering home a ferocious volley deep in added time to secure a famous win.
Ticket prices for our trip to Chesterfield have been confirmed as...
● £22 Adults
● £18 Concessions (Over 65s)
● £16 17-21
● £9 U16
Tickets can be purchased online here. The ticket office for away fans is located behind the Rubicon North Stand. Away supporters are to select seats in Block E1.
Supporters are advised that tickets increase by £2 on match day at the ticket office or over the telephone for collection. Online tickets will go off sale one hour before kick off.
A barcoded ticket must be purchased from the ticket office before gaining entry to the stadium through the automated turnstiles.
● Road - Leave the M1 at Junction 29 and take the A617 towards Chesterfield. At the end of the dual carriageway at the edge of the town centre, turn right onto the A61 towards Sheffield. At the first roundabout, take the left exit, and the stadium will be on your right. For the main entrance, turn right into Sheffield Road, and then right again into the club car park.
● Train - Chesterfield Railway Station is a 20-30 minute walk from the SMH Group Stadium. Taxi ranks are located outside the train station, in addition to bus stops within the town centre. Car parking at the stadium is for permit holders only. There is limited street parking available nearby on matchday.
At the ground
● Match day programmes are available at the Club Superstore or programme sellers around the ground.
● Hot food and drink are available around the ground before and after the match.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 7.30pm.