Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY travel to face Vanarama National League playoff rivals Solihull Moors at The ARMCO Arena this Saturday (3pm), aiming to leapfrog the hosts in the table.
The Robins (5th, 46pts) will be hoping to replicate November’s stunning 6-1 victory over The Moors (4th, 47pts), with a victory on the road ensuring Alty take a two-point lead over Solihull in addition to enjoying a game in hand.
In other news - Altrincham are delighted to welcome central defender Sonny Aljofree on loan from Manchester United for the remainder of the season.
Isaac Marriott and Elliot Osbourne’s partnership: “They orchestrate games. Both of them have taken it to the next level (this season) and they are becoming two of the most prominent midfielders in this division. They’ve set the benchmark now and we cannot fall below that, we have to those players playing at this level every single week.”
The importance of Regan Linney’s return: “The most important development of Regan’s game has been his game awareness, his game IQ. He has improved his ability to see and execute the key passes - he no longer only looks to drive into the box to score goals which he probably got away at times with at FC United. Instead, he is taking two or three players out of the game with his passing and
setting up a finish.”
Last time against Solihull Moors
Altrincham 6-1 Solihull Moors (Marcus Dackers 13', Justin Amaluzor 40’, 76’, Chris Conn-Clarke 43’, Alex Newby 51’, Regan Linney 95’)
November of this season – The Robins ended a two-game slide with a breath-taking six-goal victory over playoff challengers Solihull Moors at The J. Davidson Stadium.
Loanee Marcus Dackers enjoyed a dream debut, opening the scoring in the 13th minute before Altrincham put The Moors to the sword in a riveting showcase of fluid attacking football.
Ticket prices for our trip to Solihull Moors have been confirmed:
● £17 Adults
● £12 Concessions (Over 65s, 18-24 years)
● £7 Under 18s
● FREE Under 12s (accompanied by a paying adult)
Tickets can be purchased online here.
The game at the ARMCO Arena is segregated, with away supporters located in the Draintech Terrace. Away supporters can access the ground through turnstiles 1-2, which is adjacent to the box office.
Away supporters travel is sold out - thank you for the support.
● Road - Exit M42 at Junction 6, take A45 towards Birmingham. Turn left at major lights (Holiday Inn on right, Birmingham Freight Cargo Terminal entrance). Follow Damson Parkway to the roundabout with Land Rover car plant entrance, circle around, and find the destination entrance shortly on the left.
● Train - The closest train station is Birmingham International, with buses running from the train station to the ARMCO Arena every 15/20 minutes. Limited car parking is available at the ARMCO Arena for £6 per car, which is based on a first come first served basis. Alternative parking spaces can be found at the NCP Car Park at Birmingham Airport Cargo Term (B26 3QT).
At the ground
● Match day programmes are available digitally for free and will made available on matchday via the Solihull Moors website.
● Hot food and drink are available at the Main Bar and at refreshment hubs around the stadium before and after the match.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.
If you live outside the UK you can watch live via NLTV. Login and pay here AND be sure to register as an Alty fan.