Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY look to gain ground on Vanarama National League promotion contenders Barnet this Saturday (3pm) in our first home match of the new year.
After a congested festive fixture schedule, the Robins (6th, 40pts) will be pleased to have picked up hard-earned points on the road against Bromley and FC Halifax Town.
Our visitors, however, enjoyed a Christmas to remember. The Bees (3rd, 52pts) picked up three consecutive wins, amassing nine goals and three clean sheets.
In other news - Alty are delighted to announce that Colchester United loanee Alex Newby has extended his stay at The J. Davidson until the end of January. Click here for our New Year’s loan update.
Ten-men heroics: “My overriding feeling after the game when addressing the players was ‘warriors’, ‘heroes’, that kind of mentality. To be able to withstand that pressure for that amount of time is no mean feat. We have gone down to ten men in the last couple of games and that is something that we have to address - but to last the amount of time we have against the teams we are facing is a massive credit to the players.”
Alty’s Identity: “One thing you can definitely say about our football club and our team is that it is full of character. Even when we are not playing at our very best, we are a real tough opponent to beat.”
Last time against Barnet
Earlier this season the sweltering September heat proved too much for a new-look Alty side as they were beaten 3-0 at the then league leaders.
Flashes of the Robin’s quality to come later in the season were on show at The Hive, however, featuring Justin Amaluzor’s lightning pace and Chris Conn-Clarke’s ingenuity throughout.
Get them online right here...
- £20 Adults
- £15 65+/NHS/Students
- £9 12-18s
- £4 5-11s
- £1 Under-5s
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance, there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
*Our new Retail Store & Community Hub in Altrincham town centre - George Street, near Costa Coffee - will be open from 10am to 1pm for merchandise and ticket sales.
At the Ground
● We're open from 1pm (Golf Road turnstiles)
● Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium
● A food menu is available in all three food outlets, offering a wide range of options to home and away fans
● For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after
● Parking is on the streets around the ground only
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
● Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
● Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 1pm
● Join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island, Titanic, Sureshot and Hogans Cider PLUS enjoy delicious curry dishes from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere
● As part of the Red & White Sessions we'll have FREE live music from Solly Temkin & Danny Brab AND we'll have an in-person interview with Eddy Jones just after 2pm
*Don't forget, pre-poured pints are available to purchase in advance of half time in the Fan Zone. Pay for your pint before 3:15pm and take your voucher to the pre-poured table after 3:40pm to avoid the half time queues.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.