*Today's game has been postponed*
Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY look to complete a Vanarama National League double over Southend United this Saturday (3pm) as we travel to Roots Hall.
The Robins (5th, 43pts) were unfortunate not to pick up a point on the road to league leaders Chesterfield on Tuesday, yet the end-to-end action underlined our play-off credentials.
Meanwhile, the Shrimpers (12th, 34pts), who enjoyed a midweek rest following their postponed fixture against Wealdstone, will look to build upon their two-match winning streak in the league.
Alty’s stunning team goal: “It was a brilliant finish by (Chris Conn-Clarke), but it was a better counter-attack and phase of play. Alex Newby found Regan Linney, who then had the awareness to listen to the shout from Chris, before Chris’ finish from a long way out against a very good keeper.”
Preparing for Southend: “We look forward to every trip (in the league). Southend are another team that have come to us (earlier this season) and you could see the progression from where we were previously. We played exceptionally well that day, probably surprised Southend a little bit, and I am sure they will be really gunning for us at their place.”
Last time against Southend
Altrincham 2-0 Southend (Justin Amaluzor 58’, Justin Donawa 88’)
November of this year – The Robins extended their unbeaten run to 10 games following a dominant two-goal victory in front of a 2,000-plus Alty crowd at The J. Davidson Stadium.
Second-half goals from Justin Amaluzor and Justin Donawa sealed the three points, however, the Harvey Nichols man of the match Isaac Marriott sparkled as our midfield catalyst.
Ticket prices for our trip to Southend have been confirmed...
● £20 Adults
● £15 Concessions (Over 60s, 17-22 years)
● £1 Kids for a Quid (Under 16s)
Tickets can be purchased online here.
Away supporters are located in the Solopress North Bank titled “Visiting Fans (North Stand)” when booking online. Supporters are advised that ticket prices increase match day. In-advance prices are available until midnight the day before the game.
Away supporters can access the ground through turnstiles 13-16.
● Road - From the M25 take junction 29 and follow the A127 to Southend. Continue towards the city centre, through the lights. At the Cuckoo Corner roundabout turn right (third turning), continuing on the A127. The ground is on the right, just past the next set of traffic lights.
● Train - There are three rail stations in London which supporters can use. Via either Liverpool Street or Fenchurch Street: Prittlewell Rail Station (nearest and the most common one on Liverpool St line), Southend Victoria (on Liverpool St line), and Southend Central (middle of the town centre, on the Fenchurch Street line).
Car parking at the stadium is for permit holders only. There is limited street parking available nearby on matchday.
At the ground
● Match day programmes are available for £3 from the Match day Magazine hut located in the north-east corner of the ground, or from programme sellers around the ground.
● Hot food and drink are available around the ground before and after the match.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.