Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTRINCHAM welcome FC Halifax Town to The J. Davidson Stadium this Boxing Day (3pm) as the first instalment of our festive Vanarama National League double-fixture.
Alty’s (6th, 39pts) Alex Newby rescued a point away at second-placed Bromley on Saturday, after his picture perfect free-kick levelled the scoreline in a tightly contested game between two teams reduced to ten men.
Meanwhile, The Shaymen (7th, 36pts) will be looking to close the three-point gap in the table whilst also delivering revenge for their FA Trophy third round defeat at the hands of the Robins earlier this month.
In other news - Alty are delighted to announce the return of winger Dan Mooney for a second spell in red-and-white.
On preparations for Boxing Day - "Ideally we'd have been in Christmas Eve, but with the late night travel back from Bromley we have to give the lads the day off. So we'll be in Christmas Day. It's a big ask and a big sacrifice for everyone. The lads give everything on the pitch and I want the team to be something the fans can be proud of."
Last time against FC Halifax Town
FC Halifax Town 0-0 Altrincham (Penalties: 5-6)
December of this year – Altrincham knocked out the Isuzu FA Trophy holders via penalty shoot-out, flipping the script eight months on from the painful memory of our semi-final exit in April.
A 10-man Robins side fought valiantly for the final 65 minutes following Sam Roscoe’s dismissal, before Eddy Jones dispatched the all-important final spot kick in sudden death.
We're delighted to welcome Apollo Blinds to our SOLD OUT Sponsors' Lounge this Boxing Day as our main Match Sponsors. Thank you for your support of the football club and we hope you have a great afternoon as our guests.
We've also got Halifax Bathrooms joining us as Match Ball Sponsors. We hope you also have a great afternoon as our guests.
Get them online right here…
● £20 Adults
● £15 Concessions (Over-65/NHS/Student)
● £4 Child (5-11)
● £1 Infant (Under-5)
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance online, there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
We're expecting a bumper crowd for the game, so we ask you to get there as early as you can to avoid queueing. We will be opening all four turnstile blocks for the game - the Chequers End for Away fans and the Main Stand, Golf Road & the Popular Side for home fans.
Spectators will be able to pay cash on the day, however, we are encouraging ALL FANS to buy in advance online if possible (e-tickets will be on sale right up to kick-off on this very website here).
At the Ground
● Crowd marshalls and stewards will help direct you to the turnstiles where you can gain the speediest entry to the ground. A couple of turnstiles at the Golf Road End and on the Popular Side will open at 1pm, with all remaining turnstiles opening from 1:30pm.
● In one change to normal procedures, Gate 4 will be closed for the game on Boxing Day. Access to the ground for hospitality customers will be through the main door under the Main Stand. Access for disabled supporters will be through Gate 3, to the left of the Main Stand.
● A one-way system will be in operation in the main stand at full time as all spectators in the stand will need to exit through Gate 3. Stewards will guide spectators as required. In the need of an emergency evacuation Main Stand users will exit through Gates 3 and 5 if required. Again, stewards will control the crowd flow in this eventuality.
● FC Halifax Town supporters will occupy the Chequers End and one section of seating in the Family Stand, totalling 956 tickets in total. Away turnstiles will open at 1:30pm and will accept cash and e-tickets. There is no provision for card payment at the turnstiles.
● All catering and bar facilities will be open for the game. There are no bar facilities in the away end.
● Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium.
● For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after.
● Parking is on the streets around the ground only.
Issue 13 will be on sale around the J.Davidson Stadium ahead of the game for just £3.
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
● Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 1pm.
● Join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island (Tannhäuser Gate, Factotum), Titanic (Two:20), Sureshot (Crop rotation in the 14th century, Arrested for Copying Dogs), and Hogans (French Revelation) PLUS enjoy delicious curry dishes (Chicken Makhani & Beef Madras) from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere.
● As part of the Red & White Sessions we'll have FREE live music.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.
And finally... a very MERRY CHRISTMAS from everyone at Altrincham FC.