Words Joe Brayne | Pictures Jonathan Moore
ALTY return to Vanarama National League action this Saturday (3pm) as we welcome bottom-placed AFC Fylde to The J. Davidson Stadium for our final home game before Christmas.
Alty (7th, 35pts) last played a league match three weeks ago, owing to a combination of bad weather and scheduled breaks. The Robins will be eager to build on their last showing, a 6-1 thumping of play-off rivals Solihull Moors.
Meanwhile, for AFC Fylde (24th, 18pts), three points on the road could see them move within just a point of escaping the relegation zone.
Altrincham’s marginal gains: “A couple of seasons ago we were part-time in the division and probably the lowest budget too. We have built on it year on year. We have had to work exceptionally hard to get where we are in terms of growing as a football club. We are a growing force in this division and we wanted to show that tonight.”
Adjusting preparations for Saturday: “There will be a big recovery day on Thursday for the (ten) lads who have done maximum minutes today. But, we will certainly be working the other players hard. Fylde were probably one of the best teams we have played this season, even though people find that hard to believe.”
Last time against AFC Fylde
The teams played out a 3-3 draw on August Bank Holiday Monday at Mill Farm - Regan Linney, Dior Angus & Chris Conn-Clarke were on target for Alty.
Get them online right here...
● £20 Adults
● £15 Concessions (65+/NHS/Students)
● £9 Juniors (12-18s)
● £4 Children (5-11s)
● £1 Infants (under-5s)
Although fans are advised to purchase tickets in advance (online or in our George Street retail store), there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day, with an ATM available opposite the ground at the convenience store.
At the ground
● We're open from 1pm (Golf Road turnstile 10)
● Be advised that for your safety all supporters will be searched with a metal detector on entry to the stadium.
● A food menu is available in all three food outlets, offering a wide range of options to home and away fans.
● For wheelchair & pushchair access, please enter via gate 5 and you will be looked after.
● Parking is on the streets around the ground only.
● Issue 12 will be on sale around the J.Davidson Stadium ahead of the game for just £3 - you can also buy online here or head for our George Street Retail Store.
McDonald’s Baguley Golden Goal
● Grab your tickets from just £1 from sellers around the ground to give yourself the chance to win a £30 McDonald’s voucher from our friends at McDonald’s Baguley.
● Available to home fans only in between the Golf Road End and Pop Side terrace and open all afternoon from 1pm – join us for spot on beers from Ponoma Island, Cloudwater, Titanic & Sureshot PLUS delicious curry dishes from The Authentic Food Company - in a laid back, friendly Alty fan atmosphere.
● As part of the Red & White Sessions we'll have FREE live music
In other news…
We were delighted to unveil Altrincham FC’s first-ever town centre retail store on Wednesday, situated on George Street (just down from Costa).
We'll be open on Saturday, as well as celebrating Stamford Quarter's Family Christmas Event from 10:30am - come down and say hello.
There is a fantastic range of Alty merchandise available at the store, covering but not limited to match day shirts, leisurewear, hoodies, polo shirts, 2024 calendars and limited edition Christmas cards.
For more information about our store, please click here.
Can’t make the game?
Radio Robins will be broadcasting live on Radio Alty from 2.45pm.